Display Tender NBRC006756
This page displays the details of a tender. See the detailed help in each section for specific information.
- Brendan Pearce
- Office: +61 1300696272
North Burnett Regional Council (Council) has received funding to undertake upgrades on the Gayndah Mundubbera Road in particular the Deep Creek Bridge Replacement (‘the Project’). Funding for the project is through the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development (DIRD) under the, ‘Bridges Renewal Programme – Round Two’ and through the Department of State Development (DSD) under the ‘Building our Regions’ programme.
The Works Under Contract involves the Design and Constrction of a new bridge. The civil works for the approach works and embankments are being undertaken by the Civil Contractor. The Civil Contractor and Bridge Contractor shall each have their own designated limit of works and shall be responsible as Principal Contractor’s for their respective WUC.
In addition to the design and construction of the bridge and, associated bridge elements (relieving slabs, abutment rock protection and similar), the Bridge Contractor shall be responsible for the following general tasks;
- Project management of the bridge construction component;
- Preparation of a Construction Environmental Management Plan (CEMP) for the structural bridge component of the works, and in accordance with the selected design and construction methodology;
- Provision of contract programme and its updates;
- Supervision by works supervisor;
- Provision of site safety representative and plan;
- Setting out and local site access to the bridge site. NBRC and their Civil Contractor will maintain the temporary side track and associated traffic management plans and implications;
- Quality control and documentation including the preparation, implementation and arrangement of Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) procedures;
- Management of procurement and expediting of all materials involved, including all manufacturer’s compliance requirements, guarantees, storage and delivery;
- Attendance at weekly (or otherwise directed by the Superintendent) meetings for coordination of the project progress, coordination issues with the plant operational staff and safety including recording and distributing meeting minutes;
- Document control including drawings revisions and other documentation (such as technical specifications and Design Report) and any other documents as required under the Contract and including transmittal and control of shop drawings produced by the Contractor;
- Monthly reporting in relation to safety, risk, progress of the works and quality;
- Preparation and submission of As-constructed records, maintenance and operations; and
- Timely rectification of defects during the defects liability period.
Forum posts cannot be posted after 7 September 2017 02:00 PM
The online forum provides a place to comment and obtain further clarification if needed.
In order to submit or comment on a post you must be logged-in and have downloaded the documents.
Comments cannot be posted after 7 September 2017 02:00 PM.
Please note that the use of the forum for supplier self-promotion is unacceptable and may result in the supplier having their account suspended. Such posts shall not be responded to or published on the forum.
We reserve the right to invite Tenderers to change their tenders as per Section 228(7) of the Local Government Regulation 2012