Display Tender TRC000712
This page displays the details of a tender. See the detailed help in each section for specific information.
- Carla Hamilton
- Office: +61 (07) 46886802
- Ian Mendes
- Office: +61 (07) 46886414
The objective of the study is to develop an integrated strategic policy framework for future planning of the region’s centres, to ensure a network of vibrant and sustainable Activity Centres. It must embrace the full breadth of an Activity Centre that:
• Considers centres as mixed use places of diversity and:
o employment generators, not exclusive to retailing;
o environment for catalyst activities and synergy opportunities;
o places to work and reside; and
o enhance social sense of place;
o linking the public realm and private spaces;
• Provides an understanding of the complex role and function of activity centres in the Toowoomba Regional area in terms of:
o network of centres;
o balance activity appropriately throughout the region; and
o individual centre role and configuration;
o flexibility to survive changes in trends;
• Forms the spatial basis for a Centres hierarchy;
• Maximises the use of existing and planned, infrastructure and facilities;
• Ensures the current and future social, economic and environmental expectations are met;
• Accommodates future population and employment growth;
• Recommends an implementation policy /supporting strategies, arising out of the tasks and information above, to be incorporated into the Planning Scheme and future policy planning of Council.
Forum posts cannot be posted after 7 April 2009 02:00 PM
The online forum provides a place to comment and obtain further clarification if needed.
In order to submit or comment on a post you must be logged-in and have downloaded the documents.
Comments cannot be posted after 7 April 2009 02:00 PM.
Please note that the use of the forum for supplier self-promotion is unacceptable and may result in the supplier having their account suspended. Such posts shall not be responded to or published on the forum.
We reserve the right to invite Tenderers to change their tenders as per Section 228(7) of the Local Government Regulation 2012