Display Tender WRC008364
This page displays the details of a tender. See the detailed help in each section for specific information.
- Brenda Tengbom
- Kalinda Edwards
Shute Harbour was originally constructed in the early 1960’s as an ideal location for a departure point to service local island and reef trips due to its central proximity to nearby tourist attractions. Further infrastructure improvements were completed in the 1970’s, late 1990’s and early 2000’s. The previous configuration of Shute Harbour includes a sea wall, carpark, fuel facilities, a harbour terminal building, six floating pontoons as well as the concrete Lloyd Roberts Jetty. The terminal building was vacated in 2014 due to its condition being considered unfit for purpose.
On 28 March 2017 further significant damage was sustained by both the onshore and offshore infrastructure as a result of Severe Tropical Cyclone (STC) Debbie. Investigations conducted by specialist engineering firms have confirmed that the existing structures are in a degraded condition and had reached the end of their service life.
Council invites suitably experienced and resourced contractors to construct the Shute Harbour Redevelopment.
The scope of work to be undertaken includes the following elements;
- Realigned and raised Seawall;
- Revised lower car park layout maximising available space including raising to meet new seawall levels;
- New two storey Ferry Terminal Building;
- Refurbishment and reinstatement of existing pontoons including a third pontoon finger for recreational and small tourism activities;
- Supply services to the pontoons including
- Potable water
- Fire services
- Shore Power
- Outdoor passenger staging and queuing area between pontoon fingers 2 and 3;
- Relocated and modern fuel facility incorporating both ULP and Diesel storage and delivery systems, including the progression of the design to completion;
- Pedestrian links and seating areas,
- Lighting and seating that is functional, durable and requires minimal maintenance; and
- Landscaping to enhance the visual character while maintaining an open safe environment.
Forum posts cannot be posted after 11 March 2019 02:00 PM
The online forum provides a place to comment and obtain further clarification if needed.
In order to submit or comment on a post you must be logged-in and have downloaded the documents.
Comments cannot be posted after 11 March 2019 02:00 PM.
Please note that the use of the forum for supplier self-promotion is unacceptable and may result in the supplier having their account suspended. Such posts shall not be responded to or published on the forum.
We reserve the right to invite Tenderers to change their tenders as per Section 228(7) of the Local Government Regulation 2012