Display Tender WRC008398
This page displays the details of a tender. See the detailed help in each section for specific information.
- Brenda Tengbom
- Kalinda Edwards
Whitsunday Regional Council (Council) is calling for tenders to reconstruct a one hundred and sixty-five meter (165 meter) long seawall protecting a recreational esplanade at Bowen Front Beach, located on Santa Barbara Parade, Bowen. This structure sustained significant damage in Cyclone Debbie, March 2017. The proposed construction works will reconstruct the seawall in accordance with a detailed engineered design based on a concrete stepped seawall.
The objective of the seawall at Bowen Front Beach is to:
- Protect infrastructure (including Foreshore Park, carpark, toilet block, picnic shelters, barbeque areas, playground, park furniture and services) from erosion.
- Reduce scour and damage as a result of overtopping where practicable;
- Provide adequate drainage (associated with the seawall structure).
- Enhance amenity of Bowen Front Beach and the Foreshore park.
- Maintain public access to and along foreshore, including beach access stairs.
- Achieve current coastal design standards.
- Meet environmental and legislative requirements.
- Minimise whole of life costs (including capital, future adaptation and maintenance costs
Forum posts cannot be posted after 12 February 2019 02:00 PM
The online forum provides a place to comment and obtain further clarification if needed.
In order to submit or comment on a post you must be logged-in and have downloaded the documents.
Comments cannot be posted after 12 February 2019 02:00 PM.
Please note that the use of the forum for supplier self-promotion is unacceptable and may result in the supplier having their account suspended. Such posts shall not be responded to or published on the forum.
We reserve the right to invite Tenderers to change their tenders as per Section 228(7) of the Local Government Regulation 2012